Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2006

To Be A vegetarian Or Not

I prefer to eat vegetables as my main consumption of food. Sometimes I do eat cheese or fish or an egg. The fish I mainly eat is Alaskan Red Salmon without the color added please!! Oh by the way I have found the best Salmon is at local "Asian Markets". I do not understand why the chain grocery store provide salmon from companies that put that color in it I guess that is for some other entry.

When I first started eating mainly vegetables was over 30 years ago. It was I guess kind of a trendy thing to do. I choose not to eat meat because of how my body feels when I eat it and not because of religious beliefs or, because I didn't want to harm animals. When I was a child it always felt like there was something that I was not getting in the foods I was eating I hated milk and there was many a battle at the dining table between me and my parents over me not wanting to drink milk with meals. I did not much care for sugary treats either and I also did not always want to eat my serving of meat which my older brother would gladly steal off off my plate. Sometimes my body would and still does crave meat at those times I just go ahead and eat some usually now it is Salmon that I crave to eat . Back when I was ovulating and menstruating occasionally I would get an uncontrollable craving for calves liver. I would always by organic caves liver from the butcher shop and fry it with onions and make some rice for the gravy and eat a fruit cup or some kind of raw vegetables as an appetizer.

Always eat the raw first was one of the first things I learned about food combining.

Years ago I got into organic gardening and it just did something for my soul to get out in my back yard and dig, plant, hoe and harvest. Gardening to this very day still affords me great peace of mind as well as food to eat.

I have friends who are fanatic vegan vegetarians who scarcely will walk into an establishment that sells meat. How paranoid and fanatical can you get? Most people who now do not eat meat did at one time eat meat. I do not think it is right to force a child to not eat meat.

I have seen vegan mothers insist that their children not eat any meat or dairy and I think that is just plain wrong. So Hey you vegetarian moms if your kids wants to eat cheese or milk or even a steak just go ahead and let them it won't hurt them and it may keep them from developing "issues" about eating. You of course can buy them the best "organically grown" meats and dairy products with out chemicals and other junk in them. Please don't be hard on your children your attitudes about food will stay with them all their lives. If a child's body is craving meat and you do not allow them to have it you will be warping their ability to choose for themselves. We were all born with free will so lighten up okay

No comments: